Sunday, February 6, 2011

What if you're wrong?

This question is kind of amusing to me. Basically the question is asking, what if you spend all of your life as an atheist saying that god does not exist and then you die and find out there is a god? Well, I have to ask all religious people, what if you are wrong? What if instead of God we should be worshipping Allah or Yahweh? Or even if we should be still worshipping Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, or any number of other gods that Americans do not worship. Ultimately, I guess that a christian asking this question is wondering why an atheist may say there is no god and risk spending all of eternity in hell. If anyone happens to ask this question, I think that it should be redirected at them. Most people will invariably say that they are not wrong, they know that the one god that they have chosen to worship is the right one to pray to. The crazy thing is that this god is usually the same god that their parents worship as well. Most people do not even give any thought to why they pray to this particular god.

However, to really answer this question, I don't worry about it. I do not believe in god or hell so there is nothing to be scared of. When I die, that is all there is. And really, this life is all that I could ever ask for and that makes me the Happy Atheist.

No comments:

Post a Comment